From Help Desk Wiki
Revision as of 14:17, 4 June 2013 by Crollins
This set of instructions is for logging into the fax server, sending, and how to check inbound and outbound faxes.
Logging onto the Fax Server
- Open Outlook
- Click on FaxServer Folder
- If you are using OWA to check your email, you will not be able to open the received faxes from the email and must log into http://xmediusfax01 and click on inbound history
- Open Internet Explorer or Firefox
- Type in the url box http://xmediusfax01
- When prompted type in your network credentials (computer username and password).
How to Send a Fax
- Click on compose in the upper left hand corner
- Type in the Recipients name
- Type in the Recipients Company name
- Type in the fax number
- If long distance you must put a 1 in front of the area code. Example 16207275555
- If internal to main campus or the 6000 building type in the 4 digit extension. Example 4242
- A 9 isn't needed before the fax number, but having it won't affect it either.