From Help Desk Wiki
Revision as of 14:25, 4 June 2013 by Crollins
This set of instructions is for logging into the fax server, sending, and how to review inbound and outbound faxes.
Logging onto the Fax Server
- Open Outlook
- Click on FaxServer Folder
- If you are using OWA to check your email, you will not be able to open the received faxes from the email and must log into http://xmediusfax01 and click on inbound history
- Open Internet Explorer or Firefox
- Type in the url box http://xmediusfax01
- When prompted type in your network credentials (computer username and password).
How to Send a Fax
- Click on compose in the upper left hand corner
- Type in the Recipients name
- Type in the Recipients Company name
- Type in the fax number
- If long distance you must put a 1 in front of the area code. Example 16207275555
- If internal to main campus or the 6000 building type in the 4 digit extension. Example 4242
- A 9 isn't needed before the fax number, but having it won't affect it either.
- Type in the subject
- Type in any comments if needed
- Click on the browse button in the lower right hand corner and attach the file to be fax, just like you would when attaching a file to an email. If you have more than one attachment to send click on the more attachments in the lower left hand corner after attaching the first file from the browse button.
- Click on the submit button in the upper right hand corner to send the fax.
- When the fax has been sent or failed you will receive and email stating if it sent or failed.
How to view sent Faxes
- Click on Outbound History in the left pane.
- Locate the sent fax and click the red pdf icon next to it
How to view received faxes
- Open the email received from the Fax Server
- Click the link in the email.
- Click on the Inbound history in the left pane
- Locate the recieved fax and click the red pdf icon next to it.