Forefront Identity Manager
FIM (Forefront Identity Manager) does password syncing between Network passwords and Pipeline passwords. It also does self-service password resets and unlocks (SSPR). The sync allows for you to automatically reset your password through a website and it reset both your Pipeline and Network passwords and they automatically match.
The self service password reset is done using your current password to register and fill out security questions, much like pipeline is currently on first sign-on, and from that point forward you can go to another website and as long as you know your username and the answers to at least two for your security questions you can reset or unlock either account.
Register For Password Reset
- Open an internet browser.
- Navigate to https://pwdreg.butlercc.edu/
- The page should load and appear as below.
- Click next.
- Enter your current password
- The username should already be filled in your username as below if not enter it as displayed e.g. Butler\'username'
- Click next
- Setup security questions then click next
- Must have at least 3 answered
- Your registrations is complete!
Resetting Your Password
- Open up an internet browser of choice
- Go to https://pwd.butlercc.edu/
- Page like this should show up.
- Type your user name and click next
- Answer the security questions
- You must answer 2 of the 3 correctly
- Click next
- If you answered the questions correctly it will let you move on
- Type in a new password
- Your Password reset is complete!